Thursday 5 June 2014

Beignets!

"Beignet synonymous with the English "fritter", is the French term for a pastry made from deep fried choux paste" Wikipedia 

Yes, I didn't have a clue what they were either but I knew I had to try them. I'd read about them on the GF & DF in WDW blog and knew I had to have them while I was in Orlando. 

You can find these beauties at the Disney Port Orleans resort in the Sassagoula Floatworks Dining court. Ordering them was easy, I just asked the sever at the bakery counter if I could order allergy free beignets (pronounced ben-yay) and they called over the chef. He filled in the little yellow allergy note and went off to create awesomeness. I was given a pager for when they were ready. At around $3 they were a bargain. 

They are like a hot steaming sugary pillow of deliciousness. A cross between pastry and doughnut with a hollow inside. It did cross my mind at one point that they would be even more amazing dipped in melted chocolate. They were that good that we went back the following week for more :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment