Wednesday 4 June 2014

Mickey Waffles

Disney World is the best at catering for food allergies and they make sure that no one misses out.

One of my favourite things to do is book in at one of the Disney hotels to have Allergy Free Mickey Waffles. You don't have to be a guest at the hotel to do this. I book online and pick the date and time we want to visit. Within the booking you can also specify your food allergies.

We like to have breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. On arrival you check in at the desk and are shown to your table. They print out your booking which clearly shows that someone has a food allergy. When seated the server lets the chef know, who then visits you at your table.

I told him what I needed to avoid (Dairy, Egg & Wheat) but on this occasion I knew I wanted the Mickey waffles so he didn't have chance to run through my options. I made it quick and easy. 

The chef fills in a little yellow slip with your allergies which he takes back to the kitchen. The food is then brought out with a little wooden stick printed with Allergy.

The Mickey waffles are amazing served with bacon and maple syrup. It's lovely to be able to eat proper American breakfasts like everyone else. They are very filling and I normally end up taking one away with me to snack on later ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment