Sunday 14 June 2015

Oolite Miami Beach May 2015

While in Florida we decided to travel down south for 24 hours in Miami Beach. Nothing to do with food but I can recommend the Surfcomber hotel for its loveliness and location right on the beach.


I'd tried to research some spots for food before our travels to get an idea of if there would be anywhere suitable to eat and the place that jumped out at me was called Oolite.

Oolite is a completely gluten free restaurant so that ticked a huge box. I noticed they had an extensive vegan menu too so it was obvious they were great at catering for different diets. Kris Wessel the head chef has created great healthy menus using regional food to suit everyone. I booked a table online before our holiday to make sure we didn't miss out. 


The restaurant is situated just off Lincoln Road Mall so really easy to find. On arrival we were early so decided to sit at the bar and make use of the cocktail happy hour. I had a Carrot Twist cocktail which was whisky, carrot juice and ginger, wow it was strong, nothing like what i'd normal drink but very enjoyable.


I liked the decor and the atmosphere of the restaurant. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. On ordering our meals I double checked that my meals could also be dairy/egg free which wasn't a problem. For starters we ordered Tostones to share which were served with avocado and a lime sauce. They were delicious. They are plantain which has been fried, flattened and fried again. Loved them. 


For main I knew what I wanted before even getting to the USA. I'd scoped out the online menus and knew I wanted the Key Lime Rotisserie chicken. I had this with a side of rice. It was so delicious and tasty. My husband had steak which was served with more tostones, he really enjoyed it too. 


If you ever find yourself in Miami beach needing a Gluten Free meal (or vegan, dairy free, egg free) I'd 100% recommend visiting Oolite. Their weekend brunch looks amazing too with lots of fresh homemade breads and pastries. Yum!
Check out the Oolite website here

No comments:

Post a Comment