Monday 26 October 2015

Halloween Pumpkin Choc Chip Cake

Halloween is creeping up on us and I wanted to make something with my tin of Pumpkin Purée. I decided to use it as an egg replacer in the Delicious Alchemy Vanilla Cake Mix. I found out recently that the mix works amazingly with a small banana instead of egg so I thought I'd give pumpkin purée a try.
 (Mix does state not suitable for egg allergy sufferers).


Here's what I used for the cake: 

1 Packet of Delicious Alchemy Vanilla Cake Mix

180g Vitalite / Dairy Free Spread

20ml Water

170g Pumpkin Purée

80g Dairy Free Chocolate Chips

1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon 

Heat the oven as per the packet instructions. 

Start by blending the soft dairy free spread with the pumpkin purée then stir in the dry cake mix. Mix in the cinnamon and water. Lastly stir through the chocolate chips.

Divide the mix between two 8" round cake tins which have been greased all round and lined on the bottom.

Bake as per the packet instructions for 25 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack. 


You could use a filling of your choice but I made a chocolate truffle filling which set quite firm but melted in the mouth.

For this I melted 150g Chocolate Chips and stirred in 70g of Vitalite. I then blended in 60g of Icing Sugar. 

This made enough for a nice layer through the middle and a thin layer on top which I dusted with cacao powder.

I topped it off with a marshmallow pumpkin.


The cake didn't last the weekend and everyone commented on how nice it was. Needless to say I will be making it again very soon. 


Happy Halloween!

Delicious Alchemy have some great products. Check out their website and my last blog post here


No comments:

Post a Comment